Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
This Policy applies when your data are collected on the websites published and managed by the entities of Secret City Records (hereinafter the “Sites”): https://www.secretcityrecords.com/ and https://www.patrickwatson.net, and in the context of any kind of relationship you have with the Company. Secret City Records Inc. manages Patrick Watson’s website, newsletters and webstore on Patrick Watson’s behalf (and on behalf of Watsonia Productions Inc.) and, consequently, the processing activities arising from your access and use of the https://www.patrickwatson.net Site are conducted by Secret City Records Inc. on behalf of Patrick Watson and on behalf of Watsonia Productions Inc.
Personal data (hereinafter the “Data”) consist of all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An “identifiable natural person” is an individual who can be identified directly or indirectly, notably by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online login, or one or more specific elements relating to his or her physical, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity, as this term is defined by current regulations.
WHICH DATA ARE COLLECTED?
Depending on how you interact with the Company and the purpose of this interaction, the Company may collect the following Data:
- Data linked with your identity: these Data mainly designate your full name, electronic address, postal address, and telephone number.
- Data linked with connection to and use of the account when you have one: these Data designate all the information you need to access your personal space and all information concerning use of the account, particularly your login and password, your choices and preferences, and your order history. In any event, the account is subject to the general terms and conditions for specific use.
- Data linked with browsing: these data concern the way in which Users browse on the Site. These Data may include the IP address, the screen resolution, the browser used, the time spent browsing, the search history, the operating system used, the language and the pages viewed.
- Data linked with the use of social media: when you interact with the social media functions.
HOW ARE YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Depending on how you interact with the Company, the latter may collect your Data as follows.
The Company collects your Data directly from you, including when you fill in a contact or registration form, when you place an order or when you contact the Company (for example, by emailing it).
The Company collects your Data indirectly when you browse on the Sites by means of cookies, pixels and web beacons in the conditions defined above. The Company also collects your Data via third parties including the social media, when you use the account you hold with these third parties to log on or sign up for an event.
When you communicate Data to the Company, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are accurate and complete. If necessary, you should update them.
WHY ARE YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
Your Data are automatically processed by the Company for various purposes described below, in the context of your use of the Sites and your participation in events organized by the Company on its own behalf or that of a third party.
Your Data are processed to manage the requests you send us, and to contact you.
With your consent when this is required, your Data may also be processed to analyze your preferences and habits, customize and optimize your experience on our Sites, including by enabling you to access certain functions, and in order to develop the interactivity of the Sites, to collect statistics, particularly on the effectiveness of our prospecting campaigns.
WHO ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF YOUR DATA?
Your Data are processed by the Company’s internal teams. In addition, only the service providers and a restricted number of their authorized staff are permitted to access your Data with regard to the specific services entrusted to them, which they must carry out exclusively for the Company in strict compliance with obligations, particularly concerning security and confidentiality.
HOW ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
The Company takes every necessary precaution to maintain the security and confidentiality of your Data, mainly to prevent them from being distorted, damaged or disclosed, or accessed by non-authorized third parties.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Pursuant to applicable regulations and under the conditions defined in them, you can, at any time, exercise your right of access, your right to rectification, your right to erasure, and your right to restrict the processing of personal data.
According to conditions defined by the regulations, you also have a right to give general or specific directives regarding what happens to your Data after your death. However, please note that only specific directives relating to the processing of Data by the Company for reasons defined in this Policy will be registered by the Company, subject to its specific consent.
When applicable, you have the right to erasure and the right to limit the processing of your Data and the right to the portability of these Data, solely according to conditions strictly defined by the regulations applicable.
When your Data are processed with your consent, you can revoke this at any time. However, you are informed that processing carried out before this revocation remains valid.
You can exercise your rights by contacting the Company, by electronic or postal mail, at the following address: Secret City Records – P.O. Box 3 – Station St-Dominique, Montréal, QC H2S 3K6 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also informed that in certain cases, the functions of the Sites enable you to view and modify Data you have communicated to the Company.
You can unsubscribe from e-mail communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of our e-mails. You can also use the contact details provided above to contact us in this regard, to request a copy of the personal information that we hold on you, or if you wish to amend your personal information held by the Company, or request that we delete your personal information from our records.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
The Company stores your Data for a period that does not exceed the time required for the purposes indicated in this Policy. Beyond that date, your Data maybe archived to comply with legal obligations incumbent on the Company, or deleted.
Data providing proof of a right or a contract or stored in respect of a legal obligation by the Company are archived in compliance with current provisions.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a text file which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. It allows the website to recognize your device and store some information about your preferences or activity, notably to simplify your browsing or suggest content adapted to your interests.
HOW TO MANAGE AND DEACTIVATE THEM?
You can change the parameters of your browser concerning cookies in order to deactivate all or part of the cookies:
- With Internet Explorer™: open the “Tools” menu, then select “Internet options”; click on the “Confidentiality” tab, then the “Advanced” tab, and choose the level desired, or follow this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- With Firefox™: open the “Tools” menu, then select “Options”; click on the “Privacy” tab, then choose the options required, or follow this link: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- With Chrome™: open the settings menu (wrench icon), then select “Options”; click on “Advanced Options” then, in the “Confidentiality” section, click on “Content settings” and choose the options required, or follow this link: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- With Opera™: open the “Tools” or “Settings” menu, then select “Delete Private Data”; click on the “Detailed Options” tab, then choose the options required, or follow this link: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
The main companies managing social media also provide pages dedicated to Cookies, as presented below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
- Twitter: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20171379-twitter-prend-en-charge-la-desactiv ation-du-suivi-dnt#
- Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=fr
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
As regards the social media, users should follow the instructions specific to the social media site concerned to deactivate cookies.
Any modification of this Policy by the Company will be updated on the Site.
Users are encouraged to regularly view this Policy to take note of any updates or changes.
If any clause in this Policy is declared null and void or contrary to regulations, it will be deemed non-existent but will not entail the nullity of other clauses in the Policy.